Indiana’s Elite Adventure Outfitter for Boat Tours, Kayak and Backpack shuttle service. We make water adventures happen!
Offering the “Best of Southern Indiana Water Adventures”
Kayak Trips, Sales, River Shuttles
Motor boat tours and Guided Fishing
Backpacking/ Shuttles and Support
- Knobstone Trail
- Tecumseh Trail
- American Discovery Trail
- Adventure Trail
Pathfinder Outfitters offers exciting and relaxing kayak adventure trips in Southern Indiana. Relax and relate to family, friends and nature as you float down beautiful southern Indiana rivers. Leave the crowds behind, enjoy the beauty and get a work out at your own pace.
We offer quality outdoor adventures, providing you with a true wilderness experience.
Select from our wide range of rivers found in Bartholomew County, Jackson County, Jennings County, Washington County, Morgan County, Martin County, Brown County, Monroe County, Owen County, Lawrence County, and Orange County Indiana. Explore the White River, Salt Creek, Patoka Lake, or Lake Monroe on our adventure trips.
Pathfinder Outfitters features comfortable sit on top (SOT) kayaks. Our gear is top notch! Our kayaks are comfortable, not confining, easy to enter/exit, safe, and FUN! You can paddle swiftly, lay out in the sun like it’s a raft, roll off into the water for a swim, fish, and photograph wildlife. We have comfortable life jackets designed to fit everyone from small children to XXL adults. Some Kayaks are even rated for up to 600 pounds.
Specializing in river, lake, wildlife refuge kayaking outfitting and shuttles.
- Private Kayak Shuttles
- Special seasonal float trips
- Special out of state kayaking trips
- Through hiking backpacking trail shuttles
- Motorboat tours of lakes Monroe and Patoka
- Jet Boat tours White River
- Kayak and Canoe sales
You’ll never have to come to our office unless you are buying kayaks or related gear.
When you make a reservation, we will send you a map point with the meeting location via text message or email. We will also send a text message/email to confirm your trip details, and decide payment options.
Why We Use Kayaks
Kayaks vs Canoes
- Greater Stability
- Easier to handle
- Sit-on-top kayaks
Our goal is to provide the best customer experience possible. We provide the best kayaks for the given trips.
We use nice, big and new kayaks made by:
- Old Town
- Ocean Kayak
Pathfinder Outfitters always provide high end life jackets and paddles that are clean and comfortable.
How We Are Different From Other Rentals/Outfitters:
“Best of Southern Indiana Water Adventures”
We have personally scoured southern Indiana for the best river runs, wildlife refuge or lake trips, the best hiking trips. Therefore saving you a lot of time on trip research!
- We are not confined to one river and one location, covering up to 14 different locations in Indiana. We ALWAYS have good water available, in spite of localized flood or drought.
- Therefore we can always put you on the Best Water. Some rivers flood or go dry when others don’t. We constantly monitor water levels to always provide a safe, quality trip.
- We closely monitor water conditions so you NEVER have to be on a creek/river that requires dragging your boat instead of paddling.
What Sets Pathfinder Outfitters Apart From Other Rentals/Outfitters:
- We are ALL about the QUALITY of the adventure.
- We are an outfitter, not a rental. This means that we match your party up to one of the 30 different kayak trip possibilities we offer based on current water conditions, your preferred locations, group demographics (children, adults, elderly), then we match your group to one of the 8 different models of kayaks to best match weather and personal needs.
- We NEVER haul you in an old school bus full of 50 window lickers.
- We NEVER put you out with large groups of strangers.
Our trips are about adventure in wild places as opposed to just being about the party.
- Our trips require you to be “on your game” to various degrees. They are a little more challenging than other outfitter’s trips.
- Because most of our trips challenge you physically and mentally (decision making), drinking excessively on the trip is strongly discouraged.
- If partying is the goal of your trip, we have a couple trips that can accommodate that but most of our trips are about the adventure, wilderness experience, and wildlife viewing.
- We know the very best wild places accessible by water and enable you to experience wilderness and wildlife.
- We provide the very best kayaking gear in the country and shuttle you in a suburban or van.
- River sandals with a strap across the back.
- Keens or similar water shoes.
- Old sneakers
- In cold weather: knee high rubber boots
- Non-cotton layers (sweatpants, underwear, shirts and sweatshirts)
- Nylon or polypropylene outerwear
- Non-cotton gloves
- Swim attire (bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts/tank tops)
- sunglasses, hat, or visor
What to Bring
For kayaking day trips you do not need much.
- Water bottles (12 fl oz per 2 hours of outing).
- Light snacks (granola bars, fruit)
- Cell phone or camera (no worries, we provide a dry box for phones on request).
River Trips Regarding the Weather
Due to the variability of river flows in Indiana each of our stream or river trips has a contingency plan trip in the event the Plan A reserved trip is not safe.
For our folks at McCormick’s Creek State Park/ West Fork White River the contingency plan is Cataract Falls.
View the pricing tab to find daily rates on kayak trips and shuttles.
We accept a variety of payment options:
- debit/credit card
- Venmo (@Pathfinder-Outfitters)
Cash is preferred. Most of our meeting locations have little to no internet data coverage so running a card in the field is difficult. This is simplest.
Debit/credit cards- If you prefer to pay with a card, we need to do so over the phone or on the website in advance of the trip.
Paypal- over the phone or by email.
Venmo- in the field with data coverage.
Upon payment, you will be given the option to receive a receipt.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED!
To make a reservation, CALL (812) 340-0700
Online reservation system will be functional and operating soon.
You never come to our central office. We meet you right at the trip that you have scheduled.